Just a little doughies splurge of what’s been happening – enjoy!
Abs whipped up a batch of croissants [will add some pictures later!], freezing a block of croissant dough for another time. Timescale wise croissants work really nice with the sourdough routine [see below], as you can do a lot of the work in between doing regular dough.
We finally bought some new bins to store flour in; so nice to be getting organised! [a place for everything and everything in its place]
We’ve been whipping up various pizzas – including Veri’s first sourdough pizza! [it was quickly consumed]
Sourdough Batch 2
Did a second sourdough batch in the new ROFCO oven. Upped the quantity to 5 large 800g loaves this time. Below is a record of what we did [useful to look back on as we are still in oven testing mode]:-
- 585g production leaven (250g flour, 250g water, 85g sourdough starter)
- 2043g water
- 2924g flour (50:50 wholemeal / white)
- 58g salt
- Giving me 5610g dough
- Evening before mix production leaven, ferments overnight
- 0800 mix dough by hand, holding back some salt and water
- 0830 add salt and re-mix
- [Should have folded but went out!]
- 1300 Fold
- 1400 Fold
- 1500 [Dough now had approx 6hrs bulk fermentation] divide, pre-shape
- 1530 Final Shape & into proofing baskets
- 1830 Into oven
- [Oven on at 230deg C top and bottom, 2hr pre-heat]
- 20min of steaming (steam pots added) followed by 20min of open steam vents
- #realbread you need to give it some time!